Thursday, February 10, 2011

Pretty in Pink


Last summer, my friend Jenni married the love of her life, Blake.  Our friend Kate threw Jenni a lovely bridal shower for all of her work friends.  I was super excited when Kate asked if I would like to bake the cake and cupcakes for Jenni's shower. 

The cake was a 2-layer vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream and topped with hydrangeas (one of my favorite flowers!).  I placed sugar pearls around the base and piped buttercream around the cake creating a scroll pattern.


I used the shades of pink from the bridal shower invitation to create the color scheme for the cupcakes and cake.  The cupcakes were also a vanilla cake topped with a swirl of vanilla buttercream. 


Half of the cupcakes were topped with white buttercream and a pink monogrammed fondant disc.


The other half of the cupcakes were topped with pink buttercream and small white flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment