Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Cute as a Button


When my dear friend April was expecting her first baby last year, her best friends planned a baby shower for her husband and her.  This was the first baby shower I had attended where the attendance of men was welcomed and encouraged.  It was so lovely to see the enthusiasm of daddy-to-be, Alex, and his buddies. 

I was honored when her friend Whitney asked if I would be willing to help in the preparation of Alex and April's special day.  For the baby shower, I topped vanilla cupcakes with a fondant button in one of three theme colors chosen for the occasion.  Each button was embellished with small silver dragees. 


For this special event, onesie cookies, baked by yours truly, were also available for the taking.  I flooded sugar cookies with royal icing and finished them with silver dragee snaps and a fondant rubber duckie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment