Saturday, February 5, 2011

My First Tea Party


When my friend asked me if I'd like to bake a cake for her daughter's tea party-themed first birthday party, I didn't hesitate to accept the invitation.  The invitation, which served as my inspiration for the cake, featured a scene of two girls having a leisurely tea party.  The face seen on Avery's birthday cake is that of the little girl on the invitation. 


When it came time to sing Happy Birthday, the crowd gathered around the birthday girl as she was presented with her cake.  After the singing and the blowing out of the candle, she dug both hands into the cake and tried to grab handfuls to eat.  When this was unsuccessful, she face-planted into the cake.  Much more effective than her two tiny hands.  I think it's safe to say that she liked the cake.    

No comments:

Post a Comment