Sunday, February 6, 2011

Birthday Luau


When my friend's baby girl turned 1, my friend and her husband hosted a Luau birthday party.  I was thrilled when she asked me to bake a small cake for the celebration.  I created an edible lei using fondant and shoestring candy to go around the base of the cake.  The top of the cake featured the Hawaiian birthday girl, McKenzie. 

Like the cake I baked for the first birthday of another friend's baby, this cake would be presented to the birthday girl when her adoring fans sang Happy Birthday to her.  Unlike my other friend's daughter, who as you may remember from my previous post face-planted in the cake, McKenzie was not a fan of sweets and refused to touch the cake.  What, you may be wondering, did the birthday girl reach for?  A pickle.  Priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment